1st Timothy 6:4-12, “He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings, Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself. But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness. Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.”
The human race is prone to self-deception. Even when we as humans are going astray, being deceived, we still insist that nothing is wrong. Case in point, consider this true quote from famous author Mark Twain: “It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.” That is so very true! I have spent the past 20 years of website ministry attempting to open the eyes of misled preachers with THE TRUTH, but most of them have refused to listen. Go figure! You'd think that if anyone in this world would listen to words of truth, it would be a man of the cloth (clergy).
Sadly, that is usually not the case at all. Preachers are among some of the most blinded, stubborn and ungodly of people. But don't take my word for it, listen to what the Word of God says:
- Jeremiah 2:8, “The priests said not, Where is the LORD? and they that handle the law knew me not: the pastors also transgressed against me, and the prophets prophesied by Baal, and walked after things that do not profit.”
- Jeremiah 5:31, “The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by their means; and my people love to have it so: and what will ye do in the end thereof?”
- Jeremiah 10:21, “For the pastors are become brutish (lacking good sense), and have not sought the LORD: therefore they shall not prosper, and all their flocks shall be scattered.” Jeremiah 12:10, “Many pastors have destroyed my vineyard, they have trodden my portion under foot, they have made my pleasant portion a desolate wilderness.”
- Jeremiah 23:1-2, “Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the LORD. Therefore thus saith the LORD God of Israel against the pastors that feed my people; Ye have scattered my flock, and driven them away, and have not visited them: behold, I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the LORD.”
- Hosea 4:6, “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.”
- Matthew 15:7-9, “Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.”
These are but a small handful of hundreds of inspired Scripture passages teaching us that religion is often corrupt, preachers are often false prophets, churches are often cults and worship is often done in vain.
I would like to direct your undivided attention dear reader to Matthew 15:7-8 again:
Matthew 15:7-9, “Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.”Most churchgoers will read this Bible passage and think of obvious cults; such as, Mormonism, Jehovah's Witness, Roman Catholic, The Moonies, Heaven's Gate Cult or the cult of Scientology. But dear friend, I am also talking about most Baptist churches today! I have been a Baptist all my saved life, since age 13. However, I have seen my own denomination become woefully deceived, misled and corrupted over the past 50 years. Not surprisingly, as Calvinism increases in popularity in the United States, so also is Christianity declining in our country. That makes perfect sense when we consider that Calvinism (aka, Lordship Salvation) is NOT the free grace Gospel taught in 1st Corinthians 15:1-4).
The love of money has corrupted 99% of church pastors and preachers in this generation! I find little genuine concern for people anymore by pastors. I have attended several churches around Pensacola and I can only name one preacher (he's not even the church pastor) who made me feel like he gives a damn about me as a human being. That is so tragic! People just want to be loved folks, but you won't find that love at Campus Church or Pensacola Christian College. Pastor Jeff Redlin mistreated and abused me on numerous occasions. I pray for him regularly, that God will humble his arrogance and stiffnecked pride. Oh, how today's pastors need to be humbled, realizing that he that is greatest among men must be their humble servant. Jesus Himself spoke those words of truth, and He set the example, washing His disciple's dirty feet. May we all be more like our dear precious Savior.