On William Lane Craig's ministry website, in the preceding article I shared with you, this is the suggested sinner's prayer that he encourages lost people to pray to be saved...
Is any of that Biblical? Let's break it down...God, I really need You. I recognize that I am sinful and wretched and in need of Your forgiveness. I believe that Jesus died on the cross to save me from my sins. And right now, in the best way I know how, I open the door of my life and invite you to come in and be my Savior and Lord. Forgive my sins, take the throne of my life, and make me into the kind of person you want me to be. I give myself to you.
- Nowhere does the Word of God require for a lost sinner to pray at all to be saved. Jesus said in John 6:47, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.” We are saved by BELIEVING, not by praying. I wish that preachers would stop adding an unnecessary requirement to pray to get to Heaven, when all the Bible teaches to do is to BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST (Acts 16:30-31). It is okay to accompany one's faith in Christ with a prayer, but it is very important that soulwinner's always explain to a lost person that praying cannot save them, faith does.
- Nowhere does the Bible require a lost sinner to tell God that they need Him to get to Heaven. I mean, if it is not required to be saved, why add it to what a sinner needs to do to be saved? It confuses the person.
- Nowhere does the Bible require a lost person to open the door of their life and invite Jesus to come in. - That is false doctrine. A person simply needs to place a childlike trust in the crucified, buried and risen Savior (1st Thessalonians 4:14).
- Nowhere does the Bible require a lost sinner to make Jesus their “Lord.” Jesus is the Lord, you don't make Him your Lord. The moment that you accept Jesus as your personal Savior, He automatically is your Lord. Whether or not you acknowledge Him and serve Him as your Lord has nothing to do with receiving God's free gift of eternal life, which is through faith alone in Jesus (Galatians 3:26; Ephesians 2:8-9; Romans 4:5-6).
- Nowhere does the Bible require a lost sinner to “ASK” to have one's sins forgiven. Jesus doesn't forgive sins. You read right. Jesus has already paid for everyone's sins with His precious blood through Calvary's cross. All that God requires for you to be saved, is to to realize that you are a needy sinner and receive Christ's sacrifice on the cross as payment for your sins, believing that Christ is risen.
- Nowhere does the Bible require that a lost sinner ask God to take the throne of their life. I am so sick and tired of lying preachers who embellish and add to the Gospel of free grace. If you follow the counterfeit plan of salvation of William Lane Craig, you CANNOT be born-again. God has very plainly laid out the Gospel in His inspired Word, which we read in 1st Corinthians 15:1-4. All of this extra garbage that William is adding is damnable heresy. For a man with an allegedly extremely high IQ of 170, William is a very poor theologian. In fact, William is a hellbound infidel, sad to say. What he is preaching is far from what the inspired King James Bible teaches.
- Nowhere in the Bible is a lost sinner required to ask God to make them into the person God wants them to be to get to Heaven. Again, this is more junk theology from William Lane Craig, wickedly adding to God's simple plan of salvation. Since this is a suggested sinner's prayer to be saved, William is clearly implying that some sort of changed life is required at some point to be saved. SHAME on Craig!!!
- Nowhere does the Bible require a lost sinner to give them self to God to get to Heaven. Jesus gave Himself as the sacrificial Lamb of God on the cross, to pay our massive debt of sin that we simply could never pay. Eternal life is received, not achieved. Salvation is a TAKE proposition, not a GIVE proposition. God is freely offering you eternal life, and all you need to do if you want it is to TAKE it by faith. Simply take God at His Word as recorded in the Scriptures concerning Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for your sins, was buried and three days later He miraculously resurrected from the dead. BELIEVE IT, oh sinner, and you are now and forever saved (John 3:16; Romans 1:16; 1st Corinthians 15:1-6).
The inspired King James Bible teaches something VERY different than what William Lane Craig falsely teaches. The Word of God very plainly defines “THE GOSPEL” (which means “GOOD NEWS”) for us, so there is no doubt or room for speculation...
Dear reader, you alone must decide whom you are going to believe. Will you believe what William Lane Craig preaches—which is a nightmarish and complicated multipoint plan of salvation; or will you simply believe what the Word of God preaches—that all you need is childlike faith in the GOOD NEWS (GOSPEL) that Jesus is only begotten Son of God, the Christ (John 20:31), who died in your place on the cross, was buried and bodily raised up from the dead three days later? I made my decision for Christ in 1980 as a 13-year-old teenager—a decision that I have never once regretted—being born-again into God's heavenly family by faith alone in Jesus (Philippians 3:9). It is so wonderful to be a Christian! It is so wonderful to be able to rejoice, during the worst of times in life, knowing that my name is written in Heaven in the Lamb's Book of Life (Luke 10:20). Jesus is precious!!!
1st Corinthians 15:1-6, “Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.”
I love that precious phrase which Paul keeps repeating (speaking under the inspiration of God's Holy Spirit)... ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES!!! John 5:39, “Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.” It doesn't matter what William Lane Craig says. It doesn't matter what Dr. John MacArthur says. It doesn't matter what Ray Comfort says. It doesn't matter what I say. All that matters is WHAT SAITH THE SCRIPTURE (Romans 3:4b)?
Please read, ANOTHER GOSPEL by Pastor Harry Ironside.
Why Grace Can Save The Worst Man
(Pastor Ralph Yankee Arnold)
(Pastor Ralph Yankee Arnold)